How to use??

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I am still a relative newbie when it comes to customizing SharePoint and would like to know if there is a "how to" guide for this web part?  Specifically, I have it installed and on the web part page, but nothing is showing other than the title.  I did put the site url in the "Root Web URL" box.  Not sure what else I have to do.

Thanks!

Jessica

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I have also experienced this issue with the SharePoint 2007 (1.1.07).  The solution shows installed and deployed and I can put the web part on a page.  But the web part doesn't display any of the subsites or the site itself.  In our SharePoint 2010 environment the SharePoint 2010 wsp works fine. 

Nov 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Same as @gncntry.  Did anyone resolve this issue?

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Guys, I am not sure why this would happen except for 1 thought:

Do you have a load balancer? If you do, the web part makes a seperate request to get the xsl file to build the tree. Perhaps it is not configured correctly. Could you try adding to the host file of every front end server the web application URL and map it to 127.0.0.1 ?

If this does not work, I'd love to take a look - we can set up an online meeting. email me to shai at petel dot ca and I will try to help.

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I am having the same problem (MOSS 2007), was this issue ever resolved?

Coordinator
Oct 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

In 2007, does the web part get added to the page correctly?

If it does - please see my resolution suggestion above, and let me know if you tried it and if it worked for you.

Thanks!

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yes, the web part adds correctly but just displays blank no matter what is entered into the properties. We don't have a load balancer, we're only using a single server.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hi,

Can you please make sure your alternate access mapping in central administration is configured correctly to your host header, as well as in IIS?