SiteTreeNavigationWP usage

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

I installed this WP on SP2010 (Windows 2008), but now I cann't find it WP gallery.

How I can start using it?

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Hi,

Sorry for this inconvinence, maybe the web part was not registered correctly, this project still uses the old CAB format for installing web parts.

An easy fix:

Can you go to your site colleciton settings, go to web part gellery and click "documents" tab "New" button.

It should open a popup window with lots of checkboxes, this web part should be there - simple check its checkbox and click "Populate Gallery".

once you do that it will be added to your web parts gallery.

Optionally, you can upload the DWP file from the installation folder, it is inside the CAB file.

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks, Shai.

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Hi,

I tried this option as well.
I am getting error msg "Cannot import this Web Part" when I am trying to add WP to the page.

Any ideas?

10x

May 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Edited May 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I disscovered that clicking the MSI only partially installs the web part, this maybe due w7 or 2008 permissions. The MSI unpacks the deploy.cab file on %SYStemdir%\program files\KwizCom. From there you have to run the STS command manually. stsadm -o appwppack -filename "<path_to_deploy.cab>" -force.

Once this has been done the web part will be available through the Miscellanious folder in the gallery. Unfortunately this is not the end of this issue though. Once you have added the webpart to the page you may note that no nodes are showing. If you find out why this is the case please let me know. I believe the web part is working as it throws an error when adding a false root url in hte settings. I have also verified the existence of the treecontrol.xsl and scirpt.js in the wpresources folder.

The webpart is advertised as being sps2010 compatible, however, without special instruction, this does not appear to be the case. I hope the guys that wrote it will see this and comment. Good luck everyone.

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for taking so long, I was sure this is an isolated issue with simple installation problem, but since I am getting more and more people asking about 2010 compatiblity, I am posting a seperate WSP installer for 2010 later today.

Please check the downloads for that version.

The web part itself is 2010 compatible, but the installer seems to be causing problems.

Thanks!